The Joint PCC met on Tuesday, 16th January discussing Church matters as follows:
- Summer Fete: there is to be a meeting later this month between the church, the Parish Council and School to discuss next summer’s Fete proposals. The PCC will hear more at its next meeting.
- Worship Sub-Committee: this group has held its first meeting and decided that its first task will be to build up a full picture of how our community relates to our worship by interviewing a wide range of people both within and beyond the church. Specific proposals for doing this are being prepared.
- Harvest Lunch: there was some discussion as to whether we might slightly reduce the time between the end of the morning service and the time of the lunch. The Social Committee will consider this.
- PCC Training: following the diocesan session attended by ten members of the PCC, the Council is spending some time at each meeting reflecting on its work. At this meeting, we thought about the role of the Church, what it is for and how people may perceive it. At the next meeting, we will focus on the role of the PCC within the church.
- Christmas Services review: the Council shared views about the Christmas services. Amongst views expressed were whether it was appropriate to introduce alternative readings in the Nine lessons and Carols service, how the Crib Service might be inter-related more with our other services and congregations, the need to ensure rotas are sound for the service on Christmas morning. The Vicar was asked to think about the points raised when considering arrangements for next year.
- South Wall and Roof Appeal: the Appeal leaflet was circulated and discussed. The appeal will be launched at the beginning of March and the aim will be for everyone to be involved in some sort of fund raising activity. The leaflet will be distributed as widely as possible and it will be possible to make donations online.
- Producing the Annual Report: The Vicar is co-ordinating the production of the report and will ask key people for their contributions. The draft report will be approved at the next meeting and then circulated in advance of the Annual Church Parish Meeting on 15th April.
- Stewardship Campaign Follow Up: The treasurer reported that nearly thirty written commitments had been made including a number of enhanced financial commitments. It was accepted that there is clearly more potential to encourage others (particularly those on the electoral roll) to commit to regular giving.
- Church Calendar: The new online calendar (‘Events’ section of the website) was announced from which information will be extracted for the Vicar’s seasonal newsletters, the church notice boards and the pew leaflet. It is hoped that the calendar will be useful to our congregation in planning their diaries.
The next meeting of the PCC is scheduled for Tuesday, 20th March.