Our work to create a new five year Mission Action Plan (MAP) is a continuous process which began in our parish in the Autumn of 2015. The plan is being created from:
- The views and opinions of the clergy and laity who make up the parish
- The evidence from the parish profile indicating current and future needs
- The priorities outlined in the Deanery and Diocesan MAPs
Following PCC discussions, a meeting with the Headteacher and key staff of St Nicolas’ School, an Open Parishes meeting, a Questionnaire Consultation and personal inputs, the views and opinions of the parish laity were presented in an initial draft MAP at the Annual Parish Council Meeting on 20th March 2016 and subsequently reviewed by the PCC on 22nd March 2016. The next stages in the planning process will involve:
- January to March, 2017: Period for the new incumbent to contribute to the plan in the light of his/her initial review of the parish
- April, 2017: Circulation to all the congregation of the final draft of our five year MAP. Opportunity for all church members to comment on the plans and consider how they might contribute to achieving our objectives.
- June/July, 2017: PCC to receive training in order to finalise the MAP and begin to allocate tasks to carry out the plan
- September, 2017: Work begins on the specific action plans
- February, 2018: PCC to review progress on the MAP and create a first year report for the APCM in April, 2018.
Our commitments under the three headings: Faithful to God, Caring for each other, Serving the Community are listed under About Us.